Tomorrow is the day, at least for Part I. I spent an hour today figuring out exactly what I’m going to do up there, organizing supplies, tools, and procedures.
Order of Work
- At spreaders:re-slot cap shrouds and wire/seize in place
- install spreader boots
2. At Steaming/Deck Light
- Replace bulbs and test while aloft
3. At masthead
- Attach new blocks, tape shackles/circular retaining pins
- Rove new line through blocks.
- Use one new line as temporary headstay
- Attach other new halyard to harness as safety line (another deck helper tends this line)
- un-attach old spin halyard
- un-attach furler/headstay and lower to deck
- Check fit of old (original) stay to hardware for match
- pin size conflict at stemhead leaves doubt that masthead hardware matches
- Visually inspect all fittings
4. Descend to spreaders and inspect all fittings.
Un-attached furler from stemhead, and secured to rail. Attached old spin halyard to bow pulpit for temporary headstay.