Rehab Anchor Platform Part I – Resin Cure Report

I lucked out.  My estimate of correct resin to catalyst ratio must have been close, because the questionable batch of resin cured.

Shiny and reflective epoxy surface.

Unfortunately, I missed a few places, and will have to play catch up with the next couple of coats.  Unaccountably, I found holidays on the under-side.

Note the non-shiny patches on the raised block areas. I thought I coated all of those places!

Two more places adjacent to the rollers

And I’m stalled for today – it’s been raining since 10 AM, and I don’t have an inside place to work.  Ah well, at least the resin cured.

My goal is to fill the grain with epoxy and completely seal the wood.  Then UV protect it with 7-8 coats of varnish.  That should keep any rot and black spot away, as long as I repair the scratches immediately.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: